Saturday, September 17, 2011

Nash & Tulsa MOE 2011

Let me just start off this post by saying that this day started better than most - I got my package in from HNET! I bought the new Musical Ride Tour Hoodie (didn't want them to not have my size next month) and I also got the new set of bumper stickers they came out with. It's definitely tour season, as I have friends that have gone to most shows so far and its been that time again to start coordinating camping out/hotels/driving/flights/etc. Besides the actual shows themselves, this is as good as it gets - all the anticipation that builds up to that escape, coupled with remembering all of those priceless memories of past shows.

I guess that is why I finally had the strong urge to sit down and go back through everything from Tulsa MOE 2011 to remember it. I was talking to Lorin the other night about it and between all of our back in forth I don't think I stopped laughing for a good three hours! This will, of course, probably prompt me to go back through the rest of them (at least the December Tulsa trip, November in Charlotte, and last summer's concerts) which I've been meaning to do since like July...ha.

First of all, the album with all these pictures is called "That Time Hanson Screwed In The Lightbulb". Thanks to Lorin, this trip had two non-Hanson theme songs - The Wop (J Dash) and Holiday (Dizzee Rascal). We heard these in EVERY state we went into - South Carolina (Lorin), North Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, and finally Oklahoma. We would have taken our usual route to Oklahoma via Arkansas, but there was flooding and we didn't miss "The Natural State" ALL that much (read: not at ALL). We met up with Lacie and Lindsey in Nashville for a smaller show at the Ryman Auditorium. It was seated, and a lot shorter than usual because it was a charity thing, but I have to say out of all the Hanson shows I've ever been to - never in my life did I think I would ever get to see them live with people being so chill and calm and not jumping up and down going insane (totally guilty, but still). There were three random girls behind us that looked like they were 15 that got up and danced along and sang their little hearts out, but they were greeted with confused stares from the rest of the auditorium. I also got to see some of my other favorites (Summer!) at this concert and it was like a pre-gaming concert before the huge reunion in Tulsa. Oh...and we established that undercover grannies are hot.

Lacie came back to the hotel with us that night and I'm pretty sure that's when we went to get the alcohol, and while I don't remember anything too specific I didn't stop laughing all night. We spent the next day in Nashville as well, visited the Parthenon, did some shopping (bought a HUGE sunhat), went out to Margaritaville for dinner. One thing I remember happening when we were getting ready for dinner (and Lorin was watching Party of Five) is when the window washers randomly descended upon our hotel room....

....then Lacie grabbed my sunhat, a hotel towel, a Hanson tour flier, and a paper Lindsey and I wrote the wrong hotel number on and decided to street team for the band.

The next day we were finally Okie bound. We went around Arkansas and actually hit a detour on our detour and it was a big mess. But knowing we were going to see Hanson? Definitely made it all worth it.  I had my first Fazolli'sBecause I'm apparently weird and like it, I did most of the driving that day and it really challenged me directionally. Lorin took over somewhere in Missouri, and it was all worth it when we hit the Okie state line.
At this point, we were all over twitter (even though I think the car engaged in a 4 hour twitter Simon Says game) and facebook and text trying to find out where people were. The best part of being a Hanson fan? You make all the absolute best friends in the world and these events are huge family reunions. We got Lorin to wop at over 100mph and at that point, we were all in the mindset to put the long day of driving behind us and live it up. Once the excitement picked up the car and we all had our windows down and were hollering and this and that,  we got to our hotel and within five minutes, we were back in the car to go to Joe Momma's for dinner! No better italian food in the world. Simply love. Also, this is where Lorin created our friend Jared, and he came along with us for the rest of the ride (Jared is a drawing). After dinner, we hopped over to the Archer and First to go back to the Center of the Universe! Which I'm obsessed with.
This picture pretty much sums up the amazingness of that night.

We also rolled up to 3CG, fully not expecting anyone to be there, but we soon realized all the lights were on and there were our three favorite Tulsa men sitting around working. Because we're amazing Hanson "stalkers", we pretty much just stayed there for a while and of course got some obligatory jumping pictures. Met some new friends that night and chilled, just simply happy to be back in T-Town.

The next day was our 'tourist day'. Went to our usual spots - Dwelling Spaces, Ida Red, Cain's Ballroom,  Utica Square, Tulsa Driller Man, another trip to 3CG, etc - and went to a few new places - Blue Rose Cafe (I was officially the first person to order the Hanson sandwich!), Glacier, TBS Video Site, and we were running around downtown all day long taking pictures with Tulsa and on poles. For a while, I couldn't figure out how everyone else was gripping onto the poles to get higher on them...I was hesitant to climb anything because of my spinal injury from February, but after trying a few poles and a lot of failed attempts, I made it!
I realize it was pathetic hahaha. But all of the memories trying to get to that point? Priceless. Also, of course, we had to run into traffic to get pictures where they did the TBS dance...
We ended the day with some bowling, with the anticipation building more than ever for MOE the next day. All I remember was getting up early that morning, being the first ones there, and sitting out in the freeeeezing cold for hours as we waited for our session time to start. Eventually more people started to get there, and Lorin was officially dubbed "girl in green blanket" for the rest of her life, and I got to see people I hadn't seen in FOREVER! It was such a great reunion of sorts. Most of us had blankets and whatnot because it was so cold, some of us even went to the car and found the socks we had bought to go bowling in the night before. Totally. Worth. It.

Then we all got to go inside and it was just....amazing. I can't even describe it more than that. We got front row which was fantastic, and being like a foot away from them while playing on the same level as us and not up on a stage was...exhilarating. We danced along, had a blast, and it was one of the best Hanson events I have been to. Ever. 
After MOE, our car died and we waited on Triple A to come and jump it. We then headed back over to Ida Red for a Hansonopoly tournament, which Lacie won!

The next day we took off to OK City, and of course what that meant was the highlight of the day - Pops! I am not a huge soda drinker by any means, but I am in love with this place. We bought ridiculous amounts of soda (and, even though it was May, they had some stock of their pumpkin pie soda left! I bought it all out...). We also went mini golfing, stopped to get a picture with the Kickapoo nation sign (cause Lorin and I are the only ones to go to Kickapoo with Hanson! and proud of it. that's a story for our December Tulsa trip post!) stopped by the MOE House really late at night, then decided to come back in the morning because it was dark and creepy.

So we did just that - we went back to the MOE house in the morning. We did breakfast at Blue Dome first and also hit up the Center of the Universe again, and also went in search of the Go bridge.

After that, we got back in the car and took off from Oklahoma to Nashville. We said goodbye to Lacie and Lindsey, and Lorin and I had an...interesting...evening back at the Nashville hotel bar with some Arkansas cowboys. (Oh, and we actually did drive back through Arkansas this time - and Lorin recorded me getting really into the moves of "Where's The Love". Thanks.) That was basically the quick and dirty of the trip. But I also went back through twitter the other day and grabbed all of our quotes/random happenings from this insane week....most will not make sense to anyone else, but this post would be incomplete without them!

1) "My eyes is Black, my Lambo's blue..." -Lorin
2) That time Lorin didn't believe me that the toothpaste would SUPER FOAM UP.
3) ...."Would you like some rocks?!" - Lacie
4) That time Lorin and I drove through the Starbucks drive thru, gathered the workers, and taught them our hand motions for 'Sunny Day'.
5) That time Lorin recorded me driving and singing along to Hanson
6) "I thought it was just a button you hit and it was cool because you were cruisin..." -Ally, re: cruise control
7) Apparently (Ally) trips over things and the first thing that goes through her mind is French! -Lacie
8) That time we got Hanson to wop!
9) "People probably don't think I have a college degree" - Lorin. "Lorin, last night I didn't think you could change your own underwear..." - Lacie.
10) "Look it's the infant of Prague national shrine!" - Ally. "Oh, I thought it said 'pregooo'" - Lorin.
11) Things I have learned in Oklahoma: pay the damn toll and pay the right one!
12) "Drink, swim, doodle...do it again" - Lorin.
13) "Who threatens a lesbian sex act when she can't find her phone?!" -Lindsey, re: Lorin.
14) "I feel as if I should inform you..." -Ally.
15) Smash Party! "Before you hung up on me.." click...dialtone... -Ally & Lorin.
16) "Do you like fireworks?" -Lorin.
17) *Mass chaos outside of Tulsa Starbucks* "....where's Hanson?" -Ally
18) That time we met someone named Zachary Taylor at the hotel bar but he wasn't cool cause he was from Arkansas.
19) That time we named Lorin's GPS 'Jordan Taylor Hanson II because it never shuts up.
20) Bitches and hoes and Hell's Angels too! We took a picture in Kickapoo!
21) That time we saw a motorcycle with a wheelchair hooked to the back of it in Arkansas, where they also have nudist babies...
22) When people can't do anything because they live on a straw...

....and now I want to go back to Tulsa. Hmph. Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment